HEATING SEASON’S COMING – GET A FURNACE INSPECTION
Friday Oct 07th, 2022
Once the cold weather sets in, you'll want to know the furnace is running reliably. A breakdown could mean more than a chilly night, it could mean frozen water pipes if it happens while you’re away. Plus, a well-adjusted heating system saves money on fuel and prolongs furnace life.
Some maintenance is easy, like replacing the filter, however, it’s a good idea to have the furnace professionally inspected and cleaned annually.
It should include:
• Safety test for carbon monoxide (CO)
• Check for debris in the chimney
• Replace air filters
• Check thermostat
• Check and clean gas pilot safety system
• Clean motor and fan along with the belt tensioner
• Clean burners and set for proper combustion
• Check gas connection to furnace
Looking for a heating contractor? Try www.hrai.ca or call toll-free 1-877-467-HRAI. Your connection to the Heating, Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Contractors of Canada (HRAC).
Post a comment