The holiday season is upon us and many consider it a bad time to list. In fact it may be a great time to put a home on the market!
1) People who look for a home during the holidays are more serious buyers.
2) There are fewer houses to choose from during the holidays, allowing you to possibly sell for more money and delay closing until early next year.
3) Houses show better when decorated for the holidays because buyers are able to make an emotional connection with the space.
4) Buyers have more time to look for a home during the holidays than they do during a regular work month.
5) Some people must buy before the end of the year for tax reasons.
6) January is traditionally the month for employees to start new jobs, meaning they need a change in location.
7) You may even have an opportunity to be a buyer in the spring when there are a larger variety of homes on the market. Meaning you can sell high now and buy low later.